I love colorful eyeshadow in theory. In action, I’m a little more drawn to neutrals lately but I really wanted to find a way to incorporate some color into my everyday makeup look. Since I’ve been a little in love with my MUFE Artistic eyeshadow palette lately I decided to add some color by smoking out my look. This eye look is really simple and honestly, I used my MAC 217 brush and just blended some of the purples, blue/greens and pinks together.
Make Up For Ever – Mattifying Primer
MAC Correctors in Burnt Coral and Pure Orange
MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NC50
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation – New Guinea
Nars Illuminator – Laguna
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer – NW40
Laura Mercier Translucent Face Powder
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder – #8
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – Topaz
Nars Blush – Taos
- After skincare and primers, apply corrector to cover up hyperpigmentation and acne scarring using a flat/stiff foundation brush.
- With that same foundation brush apply the foundation mixture (foundations + illuminator), then blend out with a damp beauty blender.
- Apply lighter colored concealer under the eyes, down the center of the nose and on the forehead.
- Set concealer with a pressed powder using a fluffy blending brush or beauty blender, then lightly set the rest of your face.
- Go around the perimeter of the face with bronzer using a buffing brush. (feel free to chisel the cheek area a bit as well).
- Go on top of the cheekbones, down the center of the nose and on the cupid’s bow with the highlighter using a fan brush or a small soft contour brush.
- Use a blush brush or a stippling brush to apply your blush and then blend it out with your beauty blender.
MAC Paint Pot – Layin Low
MAC Brow Pencil – Spiked
MAC Eyeshadow – Arena
MAC Eyeshadow – Soft Brown
Make Up For Ever – ME-910 (Magenta), S-924 (Purple)
Make Up For Ever – ME-700 (Teal), ME-930 (Blue/Green with Hints of Brown)
Make Up For Ever – ME-302 (Deep Blue/Purple)
Wet N Wild Gel Eyeliner – Black
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash
Red Cherry – Demi Wispies
- Brush brows upward with a spoolie or brow brush.
- Fill in brows with your brow pencil using very light strokes.
- Lightly define the brows using your foundation (you can skip this step for a more natural looking brow)
- Pat your paint pot on the lid using an eyeshadow brush or your ring finger and blend it out.
- Blend Soft Brown e/s all over the lid and into your crease using a fluffy blending brush.
- Add a little Arena e/s under the brow bone and blend it out.
- Blend S-924 (Purple) e/s into the crease lightly. Darken it with ME-302 (Deep Blue/Purple) and then add some pops of the ME-700 (Teal), ME-930 (Blue/Green with Hints of Brown) into the outer corner of the eye. Then pop a little bit of ME-910 (Magenta) next to those colors moving toward the center of the eye.
- Under the bottom lash line, use a little of the ME-910 (Magenta) e/s with a flat eyeshadow brush and gently apply some shadow there.
- Apply your Gel Eyeliner on the top lashline.
- Apply your false lashes getting as close to the lash line as possible.
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
MAC Lipstick – Taupe
Hope you enjoy this look and let me know how you incorporate color into your makeup looks.
Shop the Look