Yes, sometimes I get to go out on dates with my husband and I put some effort into my makeup. This was not one of those times but we can wish can’t we. My outing involved the kids, but the makeup I wore is still date night ready. Also, this look is really easy to simplify as a lot of the steps can be skipped.
MAC Studio Finish Corrector in Burnt Coral
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in New Guinea mixed with Nars Illuminator in Laguna
L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Toffee
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark
Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in Ebony 8
Bobbi Brown Highlight Powder in Bronze Glow
Nars Taos Blush
- After skincare and primers, apply corrector to cover up hyperpigmentation and acne scarring using a flat/stiff foundation brush.
- With that same foundation brush apply the foundation mixture, then blend out with a damp beauty blender.
- Apply lighter colored concealer under the eyes, down the center of the nose and on the forehead.
- Set concealer with a pressed powder using a fluffy blending brush or beauty blender (you may also wish to set the rest of the face with a pressed or loose powder, but I chose not to for this look)
- Go around the perimeter of the face with bronzer using a buffing brush (feel free to contour the cheek area as well, I did).
- Contour the nose with bronzer using a blending brush (you can skip this step)
- Go on top of the cheekbones, down the center of the nose and on the cupid’s bow with the highlighter using a fan brush or a small soft contour brush.
- Use a blush brush or a stippling brush to apply your blush and then blend it out with your beauty blender.
Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow #40
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW43 mixed with a little NW40
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #15
MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown
the Balm Eyeshadow in Sexy
Nars Eyeshadow in Galapagos with MAC’s Deeply Dashing Pressed Pigment
Ardell False LashesDemi Wispies
L’Oreal Miss Manga Mascara in Blackest Black
- Fill in brows with your brow gel using a slanted brow brush with light strokes.
- Define the brows using concealer (you can skip this step for a more natural looking brow)
- Pat your cream shadow on the lid using an eyeshadow brush.
- Blend Soft Brown e/s into your crease using a fluffy blending brush.
- Define your crease more with Sexy e/s using a slightly tighter blending brush.
- Add Galapagos on the lids with an eyeshadow brush then go over it with Deeply Dashing Pigment (slightly dampen your brush before going into the pigment for more impact).
- Under the bottom lash line, use a little of the Sexy e/s with your eyeshadow brush and gently swipe some shadow there. (you can skip this step)
- Apply your false lashes getting as close to the lash line as possible (you can also skip this step and just use mascara).
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
MAC Lipstick in Heroine (l)
MAC Lipsticks in Taupe and Velvet Teddy (r)
Shop the Look
(widget contains affiliate links)
Whew! That’s it! I hope the step by step is helpful, remember you can use similar products that you currently own to achieve this look! Let me know if you have any questions.